My Special Asian Salad
I got this special Asian dressing from allrecipes.com and I top the salad with great tasty ramen noodle. It was a big hit at my work when we had our potluck party. Enjoy this semi healthy recipe!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed, toasted
- 1 head lettuce, rinsed, dried and chopped
- Crunchy topping
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
Prepare the dressing 30 minutes ahead of time by combining the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable oil and rice vinegar in a salad dressing carafe and store it in the refrigerator.
To prepare the crunchy topping, melt butter in large skillet. Crumble ramen noodles in original package bag (throw soup base package away). Add crumbled ramen to skillet with almonds; cook, stirring constantly, until noodles are golden (watch while you are cooking, noodles burnt quickly). Remove from pan;cool.
Combine iceberg lettuce, toasted sesame seeds, dressing and top salad with crunchy ramen topping. Toss, and serve immediately.