Easy Bamboo Shoot Soup
This recipe is originally from a Chinese cuisine cook book, but originally it was a bit bland, so I added a touch of szechuan to it. I really think it tastes great, with a bit of a kick to it, and it is good served as a side to just about any Chinese dish. :) Comes together really quick and is quite light.
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1 teaspoon szechuan sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon light oil
- salt and pepper
1. Bring stock to a boil.
2. Add bamboo shoots and szechuan sauce, and return to a boil.
3. Mix cornstarch and water until there are no lumps, then add to stock/shoots, and let it thicken slightly.
4. Add the 1 teaspoons of oil to thin it out a little.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.