From: Karen C.
Serving Size: 7
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray and place over med-hi heat until
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups onion -- finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups green pepper -- finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes w/puree, undrained
- 1/2 pound firm tofu -- drained & crumbled
- 2 15 oz.cans red kidney beans -- drained
- 7 ounces wagon wheel pasta -- uncooked
Add onion, green pepper, and garlic and saute vegetable mixture until
Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper;
saute 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Stir in tomatoes and tofu.
Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15
Add kidney beans and cook an additional 10 minutes or until bean
mixture is thoroughly heated.
Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
To serve, place 1/2 cup pasta in each of 7 individual serving
bowls and spoon 1 cup of chili mixture over pasta.
Shortcut: Instead of the chili ingredients listed, used canned chili,
tofu, and pasta.