Senegalese Peanut Soup
From a WW cookbook. Very tasty and quick. Low in calories and fat (chickpeas stretch the peanut butter flavor). Only 4 WW points per serving!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 inch minced gingerroot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (can)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- chopped cilantro
Puree chickpeas, 1/2 cup of broth, and peanut butter.
Heat peanut oil in saucepan, saute onions and ginger root 7- 8 minutes.
Stir in curry powder and cumin, saute another minute.
Add remaining broth, tomatoes, and chickpea puree.
Simmer 5 minutes.
Season with cayenne and sprinkle with cilantro.