- 1 cup dried lentils, picked over and washed
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced tomato, fresh or canned
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
Place all ingredients except salt into a medium pot and cook, partially covered, over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, or until lentils are slightly soft. Add salt, stir, and continue to cook for 10 more minutes, or until lentils are completely tender.
Serve over whole grains or with pita bread or other crusty bread.
Welcome to healthy eating! Fatfree Vegan Recipes has hundreds of delicious oil-free vegan recipes as well as information about healthy low-fat and fat-free vegan diets.