Ethiopian Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 4
- ½ lbs Lentils
- ½ Cup Shallots -- chopped
- 3 Ounces Canned Green Chiles -- chopped
- 3 Fresh Chiles -- thinly sliced
- 1 T Fresh Basil -- chopped
- Salt -- to taste
- 3 T Wine Vinegar
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Diced Tomato -- garnish
Cook lentils as directed. But do not overcook. Drain and rinse and place in bowl.
Combine with remaining ingredients but tomato. Toss gently. Place in refrigerator.
Stir occasionally while salad is chilling. Add garnish and serve.
Notes: wheat crackers, bread sticks and rye crisps.