My version of Eggplant with tomato sauce and Jalapenos
SERVES 2 -4
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces pickled jalapeno pepper juice
- 4-6 pickled jalapeno peppers (sliced)
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
Peel Eggplant if you prefer it without the skin like I do.
Cute in cubes and mix lemon juice and water and toss together so Eggplant dosen't brown.
Cut Bell Pepper into Cubes.
Saute Bell Pepper and Eggplant in Olive Oil for a couple minutes.
Add Tomato Sauce, Stock, Jalepeno Juice, Jalepenos, Chickpeas.
Season with Sea Salt.
Allow to reduce down until Eggplant is soft and Chickpeas are tender.
I like mine with some pita bread and soy yogurt.