|International Vegetarian Union (IVU)|
Agreement between IVU and VUNA
This document is 'Appendix D' to the IVU Bylaws
A POTENTIAL LONG TERM AGREEMENT
1) Relationship between IVU and VUNA
4) Web site and e-mail addresses
5) Length of Agreement
ONE YEAR AGREEMENT BETWEEN IVU AND VUNA (15 October 2008 – 14 October 2009)
1. VUNA will review its mission statement for achievable goals, including coordinating and supporting the vegetarian movement in North America.
2. VUNA will review its rules to clarify the procedures for electing/appointing board members and producing financial accounts.
3. VUNA will place emphasis on recruiting and maintaining volunteer support, particularly in maintaining and improving its internet presence.
4. VUNA will place emphasis on recruiting the North American regional/national organizations to IVU/VUNA membership, and/or encouraging them to renew their memberships. VUNA will investigate how more of the IVU 'Registered Groups' in North America can be encouraged to become members, affiliates, or supporters of IVU/VUNA.
5. VUNA will support the ivu-na email group to encourage communications, actively inviting participation from North American regional/national organizations, and developing the group in the most appropriate way for the future.
6. VUNA will devise a strategy for encouraging financial support to IVU/VUNA from North America, primarily for such funds to be used in assisting and developing North American organizations and in developing countries, but also for general IVU/VUNA income.
7. VUNA will investigate what type of support is explicitly desired by local (state/provincial/city) organizations, and how IVU/VUNA can best deliver that support.
8. VUNA will maintain its contact details, by post and email.
9. IVU and VUNA will maintain clear communications about goals and expectations related to North America via the Regional Coordinator for North America.
10. IVU, via the Regional Co-ordinator, will keep VUNA apprised of all important communications relating to North America.
11.IVU will communicate, via the Regional Coordinator, its high-level priorities and near-term goals so VUNA can better support the IVU mission in North America.
12. VUNA will upload its Constitution to its website.
13. VUNA will actively support the promotion of the 2012 IVU World Vegetarian Congress in North America.
14. Everything in the potential long-term agreement on the left will apply for the duration of this one year agreement.
15. At the end of the one year agreement it shall be reviewed, and there may then be any further agreement in any way that is agreed between IVU and VUNA at that time.