The concept of IVU Patron was originated in the 1982 constitution, but the status was changed by the 1999 constitution and bylaws.
from the Articles of Association S.2.3:
Individuals may become IVU Supporters on payment of an annual or life contribution or by volunteering their time to work on any appropriate project.
from the Bylaws:
Patrons shall make a minimum donation to IVU, of such amount as shall be from time to time decided by the International Council. They shall be classed as lifetime supporters for the purposes of Section 2.3 of the Articles of Association.
IVU currently has more than 60 Patrons, mostly individuals but a few organisations have also paid for 'life', some individuals have stated that they do not wish to have their names appear on the website, others are listed below (more coming as they request inclusion):
- Keith Akers, Colorado USA, former IVU council member
- Tom Clother, UK Vegan for ethical reasons, lorry driver for monetary/aptitude reasons.
- R.B.Curumsey Damjee Arogya Bhuvan Trust - India, charity supporting the vegetarian cause and observing same on Sanatorium premises.
- Saurabh F. Dalal, USA (Washington DC area), Councilor of IVU, President of Vegetarian Society of DC (www.vsdc.org), President of Vegetarian Union of North America (www.ivu.org/vuna)
- Christopher Fettes, Ireland, Fellow of IVU and of World Esperanto Association.
- Andrew Freeman FACS, Australia
- Emanuel Goldman, Greater New York City area, USA. "The Vegetarian Cinophile" (columns on selected films from a vegetarian perspective). Professor of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at New Jersey Medical School. Vegetarian since 1964, vegan since 1992.
- Prof. PK Jain, Botswana, Fellow of IVU
- Marly Winckler, Brazil, Former President Brazil Veg Society, Chair of the IVU Council
If you would like to become a Patron of IVU please use this form
- you can then have your name/website added to this page if you wish.