North America Vegetarian Congresses 1987-95
VUNA was formed in Toronto in 1987 by the member organizations of IVU in North America. It has helped to promote Regional Conferences in Toronto, Ontario (1987), Arcata, California (1989), Denver, Colorado (1991), Portland, Oregon (1993), and San Diego, California (1995).
Past VUNA biennial meetings:
- 1987: VUNA was founded at "Vegetarianism -- A Taste of Tomorrow" a conference organized by the Toronto Vegetarian Association in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 1989: Arcata, California, USA - organized and co-sponsored by the American Vegan Society
- 1991: Denver, Colorado, USA - co-sponsored by the American Vegan Society and the Vegetarian Society of Colorado
- 1993: Portland, Oregon, USA - co-sponsored by the American Vegan Society and Portland Vegetarians
- 1995: International Vegan Festival, San Diego - jointly organized by the American Vegan Society and Vegans International
Compiled by John Davis