Recipe by Cyprian and Georgiana Plostinar, presented at the Club on 5 April 2006. Serves 4-6.
1. Scald the medium-large cabbage leaves separately in 1 litre of water mixed with the vinegar, salt, pepper, and dill.
2. Fry the onion in oil until soft. Add the rice, vegetable stock, carrot, soya mince, tomato puree, and 300ml water and simmer until the water is absorbed (stir often). Season with salt and pepper.
3. Remove the pan from the plate and add 1 dessertspoon dill and a beaten egg, mix and let it cool.
4. Chop the remaining cabbage and cover the bottom of the pan (for the cabbage rolls) with it.
5. Remove all the stumps of the leaves and cut all the big leaves in half. Roll 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each cabbage leaf and insert the edges. Put the cabbage rolls into the pan, arranging them circularly in layers.
6. Add some of the remaining chopped cabbage on the top along with the tomato juice, water to cover, and some salt.
7. Boil the cabbage rolls for about 90 minutes, and serve them with cream, if desired.