North America: early 20th Century
- The Vegetarian Society of America (1886-1922?)
- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1937)
- Nikola Tesla (1857-1943)
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
- Scott Nearing (1883-1983)
- Benjamin Spock (1903-1998) (EVU)
- Fillmore Institute, THE VEGETARIAN Reprints - THE VEGETARIAN column was a regular feature of WEEKLY UNITY from 1911 to 1931. It was originally edited by John "Royal" Fillmore, the youngest son of Charles and Myrtle Fillmore. The Fillmores founded the Unity School of Practical Christianity. (Lowell Fillmore was an IVU Vice-President in the 1950s)
- The Vegetarian Society of the District of Columbia (1927- )
Complete Old Books:
- The Universal Kinship (link to archive.org) by J. Howard Moore (1862-1916), pub. Chicago, 1906. "kinship of all the inhabitants of the planet Earth"
- Humanitarian Philosophy (link to archive.org) by Emil Edward Kusel, Los Angeles, 1912
- IVU 1908-2008 - for archives of World Vegetarian Congresses since 1908 with the beginnings of input from North America.