Jesus and the early Christians
Note - these are not just lists of 'famous vegetarians' - they are people with a view on the subject, and the articles explain whether they put those veiws into practice.
- Was Christ a Vegetarian?
- Religion & Vegetarianism / Are Christians Vegetarians?
- The Misrepresentation of Jesus' Directives
- Español - La Tergiversación de los Mandatos de Jesús
- Indonesia - Kesalahpahaman atas Ajaran yang Diberikan Yesus
- The Essenes (IVU News)
- Español - Los Esenios
- Português - Os Essênios
- The Way of Jesus the Nazirene or "The Way vs. The Church" - Essenes (EVU)
- St.Clement of Alexandria (c.150-215)
- Tertullian (160-220)
- St.Basil (Bishop of Caesarea) (330-379)
- St. Jerome (340-320)
- St.John Chrysostom (c.347-407)
- St. Augustine (354-430)
- Animal Minds and Human Morals (book review) Comments on early Christian philosophy.
- Quotations from Judaism/Christianity
- Europe: the Middle Ages to the 17th Century - for later Christian developments
- Were there vegans in the ancient world? - IVU Manager's blog
- The Ante-Nicene Fathers: (link to archive.com) Translations of the Writings of the Fathers down to A.D. 325 edited by A. Roberts and J. Donaldson, Vol.2 (of 10 vols.) See: P.137 - On Eating, by Clement of Alexandria.
- Created on .