Green Olive Dip (Maazat Zaytoon)
From: "Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa" by Habeeb Salloum. From Palestine and Jordan regions.
SERVES 6 -8
- 2 cups green olives, pitted and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped to serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, to serve
Place all ingredients except tomatoes and olive oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
Spread on a serving platter and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Garnish with tomato pieces, sprinkle with oil, and serve.