and Gina Fraser - Perth, Western Australia
Vegetables should total about 500g.
- 1 onion, chopped and sauteed in a little vegetable margarine
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and sauteed with the onion
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- outside stalks and leaves of celery
- outside leaves of green vegetables (lettuce, cabbage, etc.)
- spring onions or tops of leeks
- 2-3 cups of vegetable stock or water (to barely cover vegetables)
- 2 small pinches dried mixed herbs
- salt or celery salt, and pepper to taste
- 1 vegetable stock cube if using water
Chop and simmer together for 20-25 minutes.
This soup is never the same twice!