Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
from: Bambu Vegetarian Restaurant, Valparaíso Chile
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of sugar or 1/2 teaspoon of stevia (powder) (for a diet)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable butter (margarine?)
- 1 cup of soymilk, or just warm water
- If you like, you can add peanuts, nugats, raisins (dry grapes)
- Some other flavor if you like (vanilla, lemon peel, cinammon, etc)
How to do it.
1.- In a bowl, put the vegetable butter with sugar (or stevia) and beat it until it gets like a cream.
2.- Add the oatmeal, flour, baking powder, peanuts, raisins, flavour. MIX IT ALL.
3.- Add warm soymilk or warm water and join it all. Do NOT beat, just mix it softly.
4.- form the cookies and put in oven for about 10 minutes, middle heat.
Enjoy!! and let me know what did your kids say, on ivurecipes yahoogroups.