From: Linda -
San Diego, CA, USA
from Vegetarian Times
- 8 oz tempeh
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs umeboshi vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredding carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1/2 soy mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- shredded lettuce and sliced tomatoes as needed
Cut tempeh into four pieces. Steam tempeh over simmering water
for 20 minutes. While tempeh is still hot, crumble into bowl. Add
tamari, vinegar and hot sauce. Bring to room temperature.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Taste to adjust seasonings.
Spoon mixture on bread to build sandwiches.
Serves 6. Great on crackers. Keeps well, tightly covered and refrigerated.
I like to use sea vegetable tempeh to get that "tuna"
flavor. But any tempeh will do.