- Vancouver, Washington, USA
Farm Vegetarian Cookbook. Makes 16
Mix all ingredients well.
- 5 c cooked mashed soybeans
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 finely chopped med. onion
- 1 finely chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1/4 c soy sauce
Mixture should be stiff and make firm balls, which you make into burgers.
Fry on a griddle or skillet.
Freeze leftovers and microwave for 60 second when ready to use.
I add 1 c TVP (texturized vegetable protein) for texture, and
especially if the pepper and onion contribute too much moisture.
If you have "Kitchen Bouquet" add 1 Tbsp. for flavor and color.