Here's an alternative recipe (without marshmallows) that you may
1. Combine peanut butter and brown rice syrup.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (sold in natural food stores)
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal (try Barbara's Brown Rice Crisps,
New Morning Crispy Brown Rice Cereal, or Erehwon Crispy Brown
If the mixture seems too stiff to stir, heat it gently in a double
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter/brown rice syrup
(you may find it easier to oil your hands lightly and mix with your
Transfer mixture to a lightly oiled 8" square cake pan, and with
the back of a spatula, press mixture very firmly into the pan.
3. Chill for at least an hour, then cut into 12 bars.
Will keep for several days in the refrigerator.