These take less than 5 min. to throw together. Very
delicious, I adapted them from a conventional recipe.
- 2 tablespoons egg replacer
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (I like raw cane sugar)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder or corn starch (optional)
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup flour (whole wheat pastry or white)
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
Method: Preheat oven to 325.
Beat egg replacer in water. Add sugar, arrowroot powder, salt
and flour. Gently combine. Stir in coconut just enough to mix.
If mixture is too stiff add a touch of water. Drop heaped taplespoonfuls
onto a lightly oiled and floured cookie sheet. Leave the macaroons
heaped, do not flatten them out. Bake 15-20 min. or until slightly
To lighten / fluff these up you can add a few dashes baking
powder in with the flour.