Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
From: leah -
Soft, chewy, easy, and very low in fat! I make these
and send them to my sister who is vegan and doesn't bake! They are
best fresh from the oven or frozen! These take 20 minutes including
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup hard packed canned pumpkin
- 1/8 cup creamy reduced fat Peanut butter (can omit)
- equivalent of 2 eggs with Ener-G egg replacer
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (make sure dairy free)
- cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375º
2. Combine both types of sugar, pumpkin and (if applicable)
peanut butter in med mixing bowl.
3. Add egg replacer, baking soda, vanilla and salt
and mix well
4. Add flour slowly. The less you use, the denser
and gooier the cookie will be, so use your discretion. I use between
1.5 and 2 cups, and i like a softer,chewier cookie.
5. Add chocolate chips
6. Drop tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet,
you can add more than usual because due to the lack of butter, these
cookies don't spread out so much. one normal sized baking tray holds
15 spoonfuls of dough.
7. Bake for 9-13 minutes. or until bottoms of cookies
are golden brown and the tops are no longer raw.
This makes about three dozen average sized cookies.
After they cool, I reccommend sealing them in a large ziploc freezer
bag with as much air as possilbe sucked out, and storing in the
freezer. they taste great right out of the freezer, and they last