From Lynne Ross
In food processor, combine all ingredients except salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chapped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 19 oz. can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Transfer to serving bowl, season with salt and pepper and garnish
with basil leaves.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 32 calories, 2g protein, 0 fat, 6g carbo,
0 chol, 174mg sodium and 2g fiber.
Mellow spread for crackers, crunchy bread, and pita.
Also good as a first layer for a veggie sandwich topped with cucumber
slices, red pepper strips, fennel and endive spears.
Serves: makes 1 1/2 cups.
Preparation time: 10 min