Tempeh Salad (or sandwich filling)
- Chicago, USA
A great "whatever's in the fridge" recipe...
- 1 package tempeh, baked until lightly toasted
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, minced
- Nayonaise, to taste (from 1/2c. to 1-1/2c.)
- curry powder, 1-2 tbs.
- salt (bragg's, tamari)/pepper
some or all of the following:
- 1/2-whole medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- handfuls of sprouts (radish, alfalfa, bean...)
- handfuls of raisins
- handful of almonds
- fresh minced herbs (dill, basil, cilantro)
When tempeh is cool, cut in half. Mince half of the tempeh and
cut the other half into small cubes. Put in a large mixing bowl
with all other ingredients and mix.
This tastes best when refrigerated and flavors mingle.