Chocolate Dipped Bliss Balls
- B.C, Canada
I adapted this recipe from the Silver Hills Cookbook. They are
absolutely amazing and folks claim they surpass some of the finest
truffles from fancy chocolate shops. They are fun to make; it takes
about an hour to make a batch of about 30 - 35 balls - keep some
in the fridge and some in the freezer as extras.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup broken pecans (or walnuts, though pecans are better)
- 1 cup crushed granola (just crunch up in hands a bit)
- 1/2 cup soft honey-style sweetener
- 1/2 cup tofu milk powder
- 1/4 cup rasins
- 8 dried apricots, cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cups carob chips or chocolate (or just chunks melted down)
In a large bowl thoroughly mix together all ingredients except
chocolate. Roll batter into small, tablespoon size, balls.
In a microwave or double boiler melt carob / chocolate.
Quickly dip / roll each ball in the melted carob / chocolate and
place on waxed paper.
Set in fridge until hard. Store in fridge and / or freezer.