From: Mara -
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
My non-vegan burger-loving kids LOVED them.
If millet/vegetable mix is cooked beforehand, these burgers are
very quick to make
1. Saute vegetables in olive oil or vegetable stock till softened.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small white turnip, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup millet, washed
- 1 1/2 cups water or vegan stock
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup hot BBQ sauce
- salt, pepper
2. Add millet; cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring.
3. Add water/stock, bring to boil; cover, cook 30-40 minutes
on low. Cool
4. Mash black beans with bbq sauce; add cooked millet and breadcrumbs,
mashing it all together. Form into 12 patties. Put on greased
5. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes; flip; bake 15 minutes more..
6. Serve in hamburger buns a la burgers or with vegan gravy.