Salad in Pita
Serving Size: 8
In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 15 oz. cans cannellini beans -- rinsed & drained
- 1/2 Vidalia onion -- chopped
- 1 tomato -- sliced
- green leaf lettuce
- 8 pita rounds -- cut in half
Slowly whisk in olive oil.
Set aside half of this dressing to spoon onto sandwiches later.
Add the beans and chopped onion to the remaining half of the dressing
in bowl and let sit for up to an hour at room temperature or refrigerate
When ready to serve, put slices of tomato and some lettuce into
each pita pocket.
Spoon in marinated beans.
Add more dressing if desired.