Mintzias - California, USA
Categories: Salads, Main dish, Side dish, Vegan
Yield: 6 servings
Boil lentils until just cooked, but not mushy.
- 8 oz Green Le Puy lentils
- 2 Celery stalks; thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper; chopped
- 2 Scallions (spring onions); sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves; minced
- 2 tbs Chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper; to taste
- 1/4 cup Chopped toasted walnuts
Drain lentils and place in a large mixing bowl to cool slightly.
In a small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, stirring to
Pour mixture over warm lentils and stir gently to combine thoroughly.
Serve warm with crusty bread.
Can also be served chilled! (But then I'd have to change the title.)
Copyright © 1995 Karen Mintzias