Don't let the name fool you. This makes a meal in itself in summer
or with hot soup in winter.
Season to taste with salt, pepper, sugar, and Italian seasonings.
- 1 loaf of French Bread (cubed and dried a few hours)
- 1/2 cup red onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup green, red, or yellow pepper (diced)
- 2 shredded carrots
- 2 medium tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- Coat with favorite vinegar/oil-based salad dressing. I use:
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 TBLspoon each: onions, peppers, carrots (Take them from the
ones fixed above.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil & 1/4 cup other oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar (balsamic is best)
Whir the dressing ingredients in food processor for a minute.
Sprinkle or spray the bread with a little bit of water before throwing
everything in together.
Should serve 6-8 people.