from LINDA'S KITCHEN by Linda McCartney (Little, Brown); Serving
1. Make 4 vertical cuts, crossing in the centre, in each radish.
- 12 radishes -- trimmed
- 3 fennel bulbs -- trimmed
- 2 medium carrots -- peeled
- 1 green apple -- cored (not too sour)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise -- or less as needed (see IVU vegan mayo
2. Soak in iced water for 2-3 hours or until the petals open.
3. Cut the fennel bulbs lengthwise in half and cut out the hard
. Slice very finely.
4. Cut the carrots into matchsticks and dice the apple.
5. Mix the lemon juice into the vegetables, and then toss with
Pile into a salad bowl and garnish with the radishes.
Notes: Serves 4-5 This healthy, crunchy salad of fennel, carrot,
apple and radish is dressed in a lemony mayonnaise, which adds
to its freshness.
1998 Hanneman/McBuster (PER SERVING: 215 cals, 18g fat)