I was in a hurry tonight to leave for a meeting, so I took generous
servings of my favorite cabbage salad and some sticks of tofu
and rolled it up in a few flour tortillas which I had heated over
the gas stove flame.
(I like to char them a little on one side.) Here's my cabbage
Shred finely and place in a large bowl:
- 1 large head green cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 large onion
- 1-2 jalapenos, finely diced (optional)
- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 Tbs. Shoyu
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, grated
- 3-4 large garlic cloves, minced or grated
- Lots of cayenne (to taste)
Pour over vegetables, and toss, toss, toss until well combined or
your arms are tired, whichever comes first.
If you can wait, refrigerate in a covered container for a few hours
for flavors to blend.
Always toss again before serving, because liquids tend to sink to
This will keep for days and days.