Recipe By: Southern Living; Serving Size: 6
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- 8 ounces vermicelli -- uncooked vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1 medium onion -- thinly sliced
- 5 cups tomatoes (about 5 medium) -- peeled & chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil -- minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 8 oz. can no salt added tomato sauce
While pasta is cooking, coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray;
place over medium heat until hot.
Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or
until onion is tender.
Stir in tomato and next 4 ingredients.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add cooked pasta to tomato mixture.
Cook, uncovered, until mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.