Source: NAVS Recipes
Wrap tofu in cloth or paper towels for a few minutes to remove excess
- 1 pound tofu
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped or ground in dry blender.
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 Tablespoons soy soyce
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- vegetable oil, for browning
- 2 cups tomato or spaghetti sauce
Mix well with all ingredients except oil and tomato sauce. Form into
24 small balls and flatten slightly as you place them in oiled baking
Sprinkle a little oil on each.
Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, turning once to brown both sides.
Spread tomato sauce over balls.
Bake at 350 for another 15-20 minutes.
Serve over pasta or on a sandwich.