This is what we made for dinner Monday night. It was YUMMY!!!!!
TEMPERATURE: 375; TIME: 45 minutes
- 1 C. chopped onion
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 2 t. basil
- 1 t. oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 t. salt
- 29-oz. can tomato purée
- 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 2 T. dry red wine
- 1 C. fresh chopped tomatoes
- ¼ t. pepper
- 1 T. honey style sweetener
- ½ C. fresh chopped parsley
- 2 C. reduced-fat firm tofu (not silken)
- egg replacer to equal 2 eggs
- 6-8 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 C. TVP or crumbled veggie burgers
- 2 T. Bragg's Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- 4 T. catsup or tomato purée
- 12 lasagne pasta, half cooked
Sauté onion, garlic, basil, oregano, bay leaves, and salt in a
large pan with ¼ C. water.
When onions are clear and very soft, add tomato purée, tomato paste,
wine, tomatoes, pepper, and honey-style sweetener.
Turn heat way down, cover, and simmer at least 45 minutes, stirring
Stir in parsley.
Mix together tofu, egg replacer, salt, pepper, and garlic.
If using TVP, mix with Bragg's, catsup, and 1½ C. boiling water;
let sit 15 minutes.
To assemble lasagne, spread a little sauce over bottom of 9"X12"
Cover with 1/3 the pasta, ½ the tofu mixture, 1/3 the remaining
sauce, ½ the TVP mixture, ½ the remaining pasta, remaining tofu
mixture, ½ remaining sauce, remaining TVP mixture, remaining pasta,
and remaining sauce.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6-8 servings.
NOTES: This is based on a recipe from the Moosewood Cookbook.