w/Portobello Mushrooms & Fresh Tomatoes
Serving Size: 4
Peel, core, seed & chop tomatoes.
- 8 fresh plum tomatoes, peeled, cored, seeded -- and chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, stems cut away and -- caps thinly
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt + extra for seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1/2 pound dry penne rigate
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the mushrooms; season with salt & pepper to taste.
Cook, stirring,until the mushrooms are tender, about 7-10 minutes.
Add garlic and tomatoes, cook, stirring, about 5 minutes longer.
Turn off heat; set aside.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of wafer to a rolling boil over high
Add the tablespoon of kosher salt and the penne pasta.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender but firm,
al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
Drain; transfer to a large preheated serving bowl.
Add the mushroom and tomato sauce mixture and parsley and toss well.
NOTES : Slice mushrooms as thinly as possible.