Greens and White Beans
I don't know if you'd consider this low in ingredients, but it's
very good made with collard greens: Yield: 5 servings
Bring 3 quarts of water to boil.
- 1 1/2 lb Greens, washed but not dried
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup Vegetable stock or water mixed with 1 tsp. broth powder
- 1 1/2 cup Cooked cannellini or other white beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 12 oz Uncooked pasta--penne, ziti, etc.
- Salt & ground pepper to taste
- 2 T Soy Parmesan (opt.)
Prepare greens by ripping leaves off stems.
Tear or cut leaves into bite-size pieces.
You should have about 12 cups.
Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat.
Add garlic and red pepper flakes; saute for 2 minutes.
Stir in greens and stock; cover pan.
Cook until greens are wilted and tender yet still bright green,
about 7 minutes.
Gently stir in beans and salt; keep warm.
While greens are cooking, drop pasta into boiling water; cook
until al dente, about 10 minutes.
Drain; stir into greens mixture.
Top with soy cheese if using.
Per 1 1/2 cup serving: 475 calories, 20 g. protein, 7 gr fat