with Capers and Olives
This is a one version of an old time favorite,
Mix all ingredients and let marinate for at least two to three hours.
- Four or five vine ripened tomatoes, peeled and cut into bite
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Five large cloves of garlic, chopped coarse.
- 1 very large handful of fresh basil, stems removed and chopped
fine (this recipe will not work with dried basil).
- Two tablespoons of capers
- 12 large Sicilian green olives pitted and coarsely chopped (optional).
- Sea salt and pepper to taste,
Toss with hot pasta.
Traditionally, this dish is best without the addition of cheese.