Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup minced carrots
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 1 can cannellini beans -- drained and rinsed -- (19 oz.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound ditalini -- cooked according to -- package directions
Add onions, carrots and celery and cook for 4 minutes.
Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook for 15 seconds.
Add vegetable broth and marinara sauce; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add the cannellini beans and simmer 5 minutes more.
Stir in salt and pepper.
3. Toss sauce with the hot pasta in a large serving bowl.
Makes 6 servings.
PER SERVING Calories 450 Total Fat 9 g Saturated Fat 2 g Cholesterol
3 mg Sodium 880 mg Carbohydrates 74 g Protein 17 g