w/Red Pepper Sauce
Recipe By: Southern Living; Serving Size: 6
Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups hot cooked linguine
Add olive oil.
Place over medium heat until hot.
Add sweet red pepper and garlic; cook, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring
Set aside and cool slightly.
Place pepper mixture in container of blender or food processor.
Add chopped basil and next 3 ingredients.
Cover and process until smooth, stopping once or twice to scrape
For each serving, top 1 cup of pasta with 1/4 cup of pepper sauce.
Garnish if desired.