Roasted Garlic Cloves And Wilted Greens Salad
Recipe By: Vegetarian Times, Jan. 1999
Serving Size: 4
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1 whole head garlic -- unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 7 firmly packed cups hardy greens (such as kale, collard, chard,
mustard greens or a mixture), rinsed, shredded, stems cut into
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil -- up to 2
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds -- toasted (see note), up to 2
Place garlic on baking sheet.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until garlic feels soft when squeezed.
Peel, discard skin and separate cloves.
Heat olive oil in large skillet until sizzling.
Add minced garlic; stir.
Cover, lower heat and cook until greens are tender to taste but still
retain color, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add salt; cover again.
Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Add to skillet
along with garlic.
Reduce heat to low; stir 1 minute.
Remove from heat; add sesame oil and lemon juice.
Serve garnished with sesame seeds.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: To toast sesame seeds, place in single layer in small skillet
over low heat.
Toast until slightly dark, turning often to prevent burning. Per
Serving: 245 Cal.; 8g Prot.; 8g Fat; 38g Carb.; 0 Chol.; 54mg Sod.;