Serving Size: 4
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoonsolive oil
- 1 large zucchini -- diced
- 1 medium onion -- thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1 14 1/2oz.can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoondried oregano
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives -- chopped
- 1/2 teaspoonsalt (optional)
Cook pasta per package directions and set aside.
In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute zucchini,
onion, peppers, and garlic 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp,
Add tomatoes, oregano, olives, and salt and heat to a boil.
Reduce heat to low, simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes, stirring
frequently, until mixture thickens.
To serve, toss cooked pasta with vegetable mixture.
Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.