From: Mel, Wisconsin, USA
This is my favorite soup!
Get all ingredients ready beforehand, and it's a breeze to make.
I mash the beans with my hands...
- 2 T Olive oil
- 1.5 Tablesp. minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cans Great Northern White beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teasp dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1.5 teasp balsamic vinegar
- 1 can diced tomatos, drained
- 1.5 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 teasp salt and ground pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 teasp crushed red pepper
- 4oz spinach rinsed and chopped, no stems
- 2 Tablesp minced parsley, snipped chives, and/or grated soy
parmesan, or regular for non-vegans! (optional)
1) Mash 2 cans of beans
2) heat oil
3) cook garlic and onion for 3 min.
4) add all beans, broth, mushrooms, rosemary, tomato, vinegar, red
pepper, salt, black pepper.
5) bring to boil, then simmer for 20 minutes covered.
6) stir in spinach leaves until wilted.
You can serve garnished with parsley, chives, grated soy parmesan,
or regular parm for non-vegans!
Freezes well, too!