From the Kitchen of fatherpat;
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
1. Combine Cranberries, Raisins, Sugar, spices and water in a large
non-aluminum saucepan and cook for 15 minutes,
- 4 Cups [1 pound] Cranberries
- 1 Cup seedless Raisins
- 1 2/3 Cups Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons fresh Ginger, Grated
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped [about 1/2 Cup]
- 1 Medium Apple, peeled, quartered, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Celery
or until berries pop and mixture thickens.
2. Stir in onion, apple and celery and simmer 15 minutes longer,
or until mixture is thick.
Cool. Store in refrigerator.