Heat oils in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2 pounds) -- peeled, seeded,
cut into 1" pieces
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup vegetable or imitation chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Add squash and 1 teaspoon garlic; saute until squash begins to soften,
about 8 minutes.
Add broth and wine.
Boil until most of liquid is absorbed, about 8 minutes.
Stir in ginger, five-spice powder, cayenne and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons
Cover; reduce heat to medium-low.
Cook until liquid is absorbed and squash is tender, about 5 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serves 4.