This is EASY, FAST, and GOOD. --Scott in California
Serving Size: 4
Heat (medium-high) 1/2 cup water in a medium pot, then add chopped
onion and bell pepper.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1largeonion -- finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper -- finely chopped
- 1cup TVP
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar or other sweetner
- 1 teaspoonchili powder
- 1 teaspoongarlic powder
- 2 tablespoonscider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (lite or regular)
- 1 teaspoondijon mustard
- 4 whole wheat buns -- toasted
Reduce heat and cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
Add remaining cup of water, TVP, tomato sauce, sugar, chili powder,
garlic powder, cider vinegar, soy sauce, and mustard.
Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
Toast buns and top with mixture.