Pumpkin with Fall Vegetables
I did this the other night and it was really good.
I never had pumpkin before except for in pies and it's yummy!!
It does take a little while, but it smells wonderful baking.
Watch the time...mine cooked faster.
1. Heat oven to 400 F. Have ready a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch pan.
- One 3lb. pie or sugar pumpkin
- 1Tbsp each olive oil and melted butter (I just used 2 of olive
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 4 small red potatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 apple, halved, cored and cut in 12 slices (I used Granny Smith)
- 1 medium onion, diced (I used 1 cup sliced green onions)
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped, or 1/4 tsp dried
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
2. Cut top of pumpkin, about 2 in. below stem.
Scrape out seeds and stringy pulp with a spoon.
3. Mix oil and butter in a small cup.
Lightly brush some inside pumpkin, then sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of
Place cut side down at one side of the pan.
Pile carrots, potatos, apple, onion and garlic at other end of pan.
Drizzle with remaining oil mixture, then sprinkle with the remaining
salt, the thyme and pepper.
Toss to coat, then spread out.
4. Roast 30 minutes, turning vegetables over once.
Increase oven temperature to 450 F, turn pumpkin over and continue
roasting 15 minutes, turning vegetables once more, until vegetables
and pumpkin are tender.
Fill pumpkin with vegetables.
Cut in wedges to serve.
Per serving: 165 cal, 3g pro, 30g car, 3g fiber, 5g fat (2g sat
fat), 5mg chol, 231 mg sod.