In a large bowl, toss the black-eyed peas, rice, spinach, and onion
until completely combined.
- 1 1/4 c cooked or canned (rinsed and drained) black-eyed peas
- 1/3 c chopped onion
- 6 tb distlled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 c cooked brown rice
- 2 tb water
- 1 10-oz pkg. frozed chopped
- 1 spinach, thawed and well
- 1 drained
- 1/4 ts pepper
- 2 tb baco bits (optional)
In a small bowl, stir together the vinegar, water, and pepper.
Pour over the salad and toss.
Chill for at least a few hours to let flavors blend.
Sprinkle on the Baco Bits (if you use them), toss again, and serve.
I've never made this with the Baco Bits and think it is just fine
One of these days I'm going to have to try to redeem my reputation
as a cook and submit a recipe more complicated than
"Dump all this stuff together and put it in the refrigerator"!!