Apple Spice Salad Dressing
Here's a delightful little autumn-themed dressing for salads. Another variation on this recipe is to omit the cinnamon and nutmeg and replace with one quarter teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. From Canada's Garden Greens' cookbook.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Place all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well.
Shake dressing well just before serving.
Best prepared at least 1 hour in advance for optimum flavor.