Serving Size : 4
Cook rice according to package directions omitting any salt.
- 1/2 cup brown or white rice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces fresh portobello mushrooms, stemmed -- thinly sliced
- 3 ounces fresh shitake mushrooms, stemmed -- thinly sliced
- 3 ounces fresh chanterelle or oyster mushrooms -- thinly sliced
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper -- cut into thin strips
- 4 green onions, cut into -- 1 1/2" pieces
- 8 7-8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- green onion tops (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
Meanwhile, for marinade, in a large plastic bag set in a deep
bowl, combine the water, lime juice olive oil, garlic, cumin, oregano,
Add mushrooms, pepper strips, and green onions.
Seal the bag; turn bag to coat vegetables.
Marinate at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. Wrap tortillas in
Heat in a 350 degrees F oven for 10 minutes to warm and soften.
For filling, in a large nonstick skillet, cook undrained mushroom
mixture over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes or until peppers are
tender and all but about 2 tablespoons of the liquid has evaporated,
Stir in rice and almonds and heat through.
To serve, spoon mushroom-rice mixture onto tortillas; roll up.
If desired, tie a green onion top around each tortilla and garnish
If desired, serve with lettuce, lime wedges, and/or cherry tomatoes.