Recipe By : Boulder Cooks Cookbook, pg. 175
In a medium saucepan combine the enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, garlic
powder, onion, green chiles, chili powder, and basil.
- 14oz. enchilada sauce
- 14oz. tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 2 ounces diced green chiles
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 16 ounces White Wave Tofu, drained and -- crumbled
- 6 ounces Soy-A-Melt, cheddar style -- grated
- 6 ounces Soy-A-Melt, mozzarella style -- grated
- soy oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 ounce black olives -- sliced
- 1/4 cup Soy-A-Melt -- grated
Bring to a boil then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Combine the tofu and both Soy-A-Melt cheeses in a bowl for the
filling, and mix well.
Place soy oil in a medium skillet to a 1/8" depth over medium heat.
When the oil is hot, fry the tortillas one at a time just until
soft, not crisp.
Place some filling in the middle of each tortilla, top it with some
sliced olives and roll it up.
Place the enchiladas in an oiled 9X13-inch baking dish seam-side
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cover the enchiladas with the sauce and sprinkle with the 1/4 cup
of Mozzarella Soy-A-Melt.
Cover and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Notes: Recipe from White Wave Soy Foods in Boulder.