Serving Size : 1
Heat olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 2 red bell peppers -- coarsely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves -- chopped
- 1 jalapeño chili -- seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup tawny Port
- 1 to 16-ounce can pinto beans -- rinsed, drained
- 1 to 16-ounce can golden or white hominy -- rinsed, drained
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 12 warm corn tortillas
Add onion, red bell pepper, garlic and chili.
Sauté until vegetables soften, about 10 minutes.
Add chili powder, cumin and oregano and sauté 2 minutes.
Add Port and simmer until liquid reduces by half, about 10 minutes.
Mix in beans and hominy and heat through.
(Can be prepared 1 day ahead.
Cover and refrigerate.
Rewarm mixture over medium heat before continuing.)
Add spinach and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Spoon 1/3 cup vegetable mixture onto each tortilla.
Roll up tortilla to enclose filling and serve.
Makes about 4 cups